Cardinal Riding Academy offers Hunt Seat and Western riding lessons from beginner lunge line to advanced jumping levels for children and adults ages 6 and up.
We have a variety of very nice, quiet and proven school mounts for our lesson program. However, we welcome those wishing to trailer in their own mount for lessons.
Private and Group lessons are available Monday through Saturday. Our facility has a very safe and friendly atmosphere for students and their family to enjoy during their time here.
Laicey CJack TTC April122008 Canter 4
Brooke Jump 3
Doc Jump Show 8
Laicey CJack TTC April122008 _5__0001
Lesson Package Rates:
Private Instruction--------------------------------$180.00 Per Rider
Semi Private (2 Riders) -------------------------$140.00 Per Rider
Group ((3 or More) ------------------------------$120.00 Per Rider
*Rates quoted above include 4 lessons per 4 week
Leasing & Horse Assignments
Horse assignments: We work hard to assign horses that are appropriate to our students’ skill levels and advancement, with safety a priority. We also must maintain the good health of our lesson horses through preventing overuse. For these reasons students are not allowed to choose their lesson mounts or change their assignments, with few exceptions. Students may ride the same horse several times or may ride several different horses. Learning to ride more challenging horses as well as many different horses is a vital part of becoming a good rider.
Leasing: On occasion, some school horses are made available for monthly leasing. Leasing is a good way for riders to get more riding experience, improve their skills, and add more casual riding time to their week. This also allows a student to stay paired with their leased mount and have first pick during lessons and competitions.
For students and boarders who would like to participate in competitive riding, we participate in a minimum of two, local schooling shows per year, usually in spring and fall.
This is a nice and inexpensive way for students to compete locally and show off their riding skills they have worked so hard to perfect!
We understand that competition is not for everyone and never push familites to compete who have chosen not to.
Lesson Policies & Procedures:
- Lessons will begin and end at the designated time with no exceptions.
- Students who arrive late for a group lesson may be asked to observe the class with the instructor and will not be eligible for a make-up lesson.
- Instructors reserve the right to hold a ground or theory lesson when deemed necessary or appropriate for any lesson.
- Students are expected to exercise safety at all times in the barn and while riding.
- Students should check in with Beverly at the start of each lesson to receive horse assignments.
- Students are responsible for neatly returning any tack/supplies to their proper places at the end of each lesson.
- Students are required to wear appropriate attire, including an ASTM/SEI approved helmet manufactured in the USA after the year 2000. Required apparel: Long pant & sturdy shoes/boots with a hard sole and small heel, not to exceed 1.5 inches.
Payment & Cancelations Policies & Procedures:
- Payment for term is due upfront by the 3rd day of each month, prior to your first lesson for that term. Families needing pament arrangements may contact Beverly for review on an individual basis.
- Students are permitted to cancel one (1) lesson (with 24 hours notice) per term, which may be made up during the month (if spaces are available), or during a designated make-up week..
- Any lesson cancelled by CRA will be rescheduled.
- All make-up lessons are subject to availability and are not guaranteed and are nonrefundable.
- In the event a rider does not attend/cancels their make-up lesson, the lesson is forfeited and is ineligible for rescheduling.
- Group lessons with a rider cancelation may be shortened to 30 minutes as more time is divided between the remaining riders.
- Make-up lessons do not carry over to the next term, with the exception of a proper cancellation within the last week of classes, at which point the student will have thirty (30) days to reschedule. - It is the student’s responsibility to arrange any make-up lessons carried over into the subsequent semester